The FetchMasters Positive Gun Dog Training Program offers two convenient ways to train:
Our intensive board-and-train programs are by far the most efficient method of training a gun dog. In our intensive board-and-train programs, your dog will receive multiple training sessions each day focused on obedience, field work and hunting skills. The board-and-train pricing includes your dogs food and training birds. Board-and-train pricing and program durations are listed on the Curriculums page. (NOTE: We typically require a formal evaluation to determine your dog’s level of suitability for our board and train program. This evaluation lasts approximately one hour and is conducted at our training grounds northeast of Denver.)
Private Coaching at Our Location
If you live in or around Denver, Colorado, you can schedule private coaching at one of our two training locations, a seven-acre location in Aurora and a several-hundred acre training ground a few minutes east of Green Valley Ranch. During each private coaching session, you and your dog will receive approximately an hour of our attention and be guided through a training curriculum customized specifically for your dog. Private coaching is sold in blocks of five training sessions. The number of training sessions required to turn your dog into a reliable hunting companion depends on your dog’s current level of accomplishment and the amount of time you invest in reinforcing the training between sessions. (NOTE: We typically require a formal evaluation to determine your dog’s level of suitability for our board and train program. This evaluation lasts approximately one hour and is conducted at our training grounds northeast of Denver.)
Distance coaching is ideal for people who live too far away from Denver, CO, to do our board-and-train or private coaching options. We sell distance coaching in blocks of five consultations.
How does it work?
- You will be asked to fill out an initial questionnaire about your dog and your training goals, and you will receive an email with instructions on how our distance consultation program works.
- You will upload video upon request of your dog’s progress and problems as requested, as well as communicate with us via Skype, phone and email as necessary.
- We will provide feedback and coaching via Skype, Email and Phone.
What does each consultation consist of?
Each consultation consists of approximately the following (* your particular training may necessitate modifications):
- A Skype conversation, a phone conversation, or an email exchange between you and your trainer followed up by …
- Coaching and instructions from your trainer via email or video (trainer’s choice), and …
- A progress report from you as you are doing your homework. When your trainer receives your progress report, he/she will make observations and provide instructions in an attempt to solve any problems you are having with the homework.
A few additional notes:
- The purchase of a block of five consultations is valid for a period of six months. Failure to use your sessions within six months ends our agreement, and no refund for unused sessions will be provided.
- Non-compliance with trainers instructions, or non-responsiveness to trainer’s requests, will result in termination of our agreement, and no refund for unused sessions will be provided.
- Long emails with unnecessary commentary may be refused and one with pertinent facts and needed information be requested.
- Response to client communication typically takes 1-2 business days. We travel a lot and cannot always be available for communication.
* All dogs must be current on shots. Severe behavior problems may be subcontracted out to a specialist trainer/behaviorist at an additional charge to you.